Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Bear Bear poem revised for older Tru

 

My son's bear

Named bear bear

Worn by years

Of wear and

Tear

Rough play

A child's conversation

His bear

That had many surgeries

Often died

Sparse stuffing

His eyes

Replaced with buttons

He has only one eye button left

Bear bear

Flat lines

But is resurrected daily

My son’s best friend

He understands

My son’s way of thinking

The bear was a gift

When he was a baby

His father

had given it to him

When he was born

Like peanut butter and jelly

Regis and Kelly

That bear adorns him

Bear Bear's personality

Was my son's creation

Invented from

his colorful imagination

To cope with not being

ready for growing up, kid life, oh and school

Bear bear is

Low key and cool

When my job took me away

During the day

Single motherhood

Bear bear kept

Him calm

The bear stayed

By his side

Bear bear wiped

A lot of tears

from this little boy’s eyes

At age 16 the bear

Still remains here

Rips and several tears

This bear has insane longevity

I don't imagine

The bear is going anywhere

My son, his bear,  

The black version of TED

"Ma, can you fix my bear?"

"Sighs"

"Sure son, bring him here."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment