Saturday, December 22, 2018

No more tears

I told myself I'm not going to cry anymore.

I had a very rough day and wrote a poem for the first time in awhile.

Title: No More Tears
Written by: Luchetta Manus ©2018

I can't cry anymore
Tears filled reservoirs
Dried up sores on my heart

I can't cry anymore
It doesn't change anything
Leave me hoping
After the last tear is flowing
I'm left with the reality of knowing
That tears are just temporary relief

I can't cry anymore
Because I had to woman up
I grew up
clutching being wronged
Do you know where you're going to?
Do you like the things that life is showing you?
My theme song.

I can't cry anymore
Because it makes me weak
Venerable to those who prey
On draining me
of life and of love and
And the blessings God given me
From above.
In adult skin the child within
Screaming for peace and relief
And acceptance

I can't cry anymore because the Lord collected my tears in Golden bowls
Wiped my face dry lifted me high

And put an end to strife

No comments:

Post a Comment