Sunday, December 9, 2018

Not superwoman

Poem Title: I'm a pastor not superwoman (Pastors need love too)

Written by: Luchetta Manus 2018

Hi, my name is Luchetta and I'm fine
Nevermind the fact I was attack and I had to act as if nothing happened
i don't want my faith is on the line

Hi, my name is Luchetta and I'm ok
Even though at my dismay
I laid my head on a someone's living room floor leaving what I once called home
because I had no where to go
I wanted to feel safe

Hi my name is Luchetta and girl I'm strong me crying will only prove I'm weak
to a church folk who feel
even though I bleed
there is no need to express
PAIN
discomfort
even grief
As a pastor
I'm NOT allowed to cry in public
I hold the tears back till my eyes are dry.

Hi I'm Luchetta and if I express that my car is just as unrepairable as my marriage
I failed somehow
those who look up to my Godly image
Say I am no longer blessed
As if I caused all the messes

Just what if devil just does his best
To get me off focused

No !
I'm Luchetta and I'm good.
My phone never rings
I'm expected to give all my burdens to the Lord and stay silent
Isolation and inside if me is dying
one little sign of weaknesses
scuffs out my light
And compromise my witness
So I give other people hope
while I'm dying
trying to hold it together

No matter what the weather
Stormy, sunny , winter fall
I go through it all
with a fake smile on my face
Knowing one day
This part of my life will be erased
when someone asks," Luchetta are you ok?"
I'm obligated to say ,"Yes."

No comments:

Post a Comment