Tuesday, June 2, 2015

arrested development

Poem title: Arrested Development
Wrirten By: Luchetta (Cookee) Manus
Poem the Spitmagazine Chapbook @2014
Can you show me who love is?
Put out an APB?
Love
He is infamous
Can put love in a line up?
Point him out to me?
I am a victim of loves imposturous abuse
Love
Was taken upon my birth, and violently ripped from me
Extracted from the warmth of this world
I never asked to be apart of that
I was a product of what i guess was love
Maybe...
I admit
I used love's name a few time
It fell from my lips upon favored ears
But it wasn't real love
I've heard stories about love
Songs about love
People giving up their lives all in the name of love
But love,he passed me by
Love is mysterious and far removed from me
I am envious
Of those who have found him

No comments:

Post a Comment