Tuesday, June 2, 2015

here before

Poem title: Here Before
Written by: Luchetta (Cookee) Manus ©2014
Maybe somewhere back in history
We lived Greek Mythology 
And divine entities were jealous
Of what you and i shared
Punished us unaware
Maybe in our past lives
I perished before you
I returned as something else
You never knew
It was me
The gods were being cruel
Or maybe you were my Romeo
and I your Juliet
And just as we met
It was time to go
Our love not having the chance to grow
What if today
In the modern world
We are many worlds apart
Figuratively speaking
Literally seeing you
everyday
We are living with these
unexplained voids in our hearts
Our wandering souls
Searching for each whole half of us to be a complete whole part
Or maybe its not you its me with girly dreams and womanly fantasies
Trying to remain delusional
To the meaning
That maybe it wasn't meant to be

No comments:

Post a Comment