Friday, May 12, 2017

Evalgelist Mary Peoples

Poem: not yet titled

A poem I wrote in honor of my deceased grandma on this mothers day

I know your probably there
Up there in Heaven
Singing God's ear off
But he understands
He knows all too well about your types songs

The tunes which made me cringe and tell you,"Grandma, they have more hip gospel now, I think we have gotten past the wade in the water days."

In my youth and ignorance failing to realize
The tunes grandma sang
Was about her ups and downs,  her good days bad days

Some songs didn't ryhme. Some songs were too long and some didn't make any since, but to her
At least I thought at the time

It wasn't until I had to grow up and those tunes came to mind as I was going through my own jouney in called life

I understood the power in those tunes, those words she sang
She composed so carefully
I heard her tunes and voice sing songs in my mind
As I tackeled my own troubles
Those tunes about times being hard, not giving up on my faih, or God
And as I go down my roads and take the twists and turns
I hum her words
Those songs about her bad days out weighing her good days, yet she counted it all joy
Felt blessed to possess all of the good things which did exist to her
One of which was family
When others sang their songs about tangible things
My grandma sang about
Love

- Luchetta Manus (cookee) © 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment