Saturday, May 13, 2017

Luchetta's Joy

A poem I wrote for my daughter for mother's day

Poem Title: Luchetta's Joy
Written by: Luchetta (Cookee) Manus ©2017

My first thoughts of you were conceived in a dream
A bright brown eyed baby girl that I would birth into the world August 28 1997
One looked at her face
Reminded me of my God in Heaven
And a series of good books by V.C Andrews I used to read so
I named my baby girl Heavenly.
After having two boys
I was happy And gave her the middle name joy
She shares with her grandmother
I thank God for the opportunity
Trusting me
For the molding of you become a woman
Watching you grow
I grew
Living vicariously through you
Seeing you laugh and smile eased away the pain of my own childhood stained.
In my eyes you are perfect all the struggles worth it
I'd do it all over again for my heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment