Monday, July 17, 2023

A mother's pain

Title: A mother's pain
Written by: Luchetta (Cookee) Mauus

I love you! I love you with my soul 

Which is why when I see that distant glare in your eyes ,it causes my heart pain

Once full of life I see you slipping away
mentally into a silent death 

And there is nothing I can do!

It hurts to love you 

I keep seeing a funeral of the child I once had, now grown into a man. Drums playing, Weeping, and finally a Hurst. When I gave birth to you this is not how I rehearsed life in my head.

I am in between, I am in tug of war, hanging on to the person you were and the amazing person I know that you could become. 

Saving you it isn't up to me. I sometimes rewind and take trips in the back my mind of you being a baby and me holding you.

Looking into your eyes and stroking tiny hands and feet.  

You are the artwork of God ,  you are an extraordinary present to me. 

A gift if you will

Only presently this gift 
Somehow got tainted, by life and living
I beg with tears in my eyes to hold on to you, to life,  and I pray love will guide 
Life is a gift from God above to fall in love with yourself each and every day. 
I your a mother
Your doctor
Your lawyer
Your comforter
I wish I was a Healer 
I don't know any other way to be
I love you so much my child
That I'm losing me

No comments:

Post a Comment