Monday, November 14, 2011

The Waltz


I danced with the devil
Missed God by a few steps
Had to go back and repent
Hypnotizing, mesmerizing, compromising
What I possess inside
When I wept doves cried
Too weak to wipe my eyes
Way too tired to try
Weeping cleanses the mind
Refresh the soul, helps you to grow
Bold
Yet no one knows
No one knows me truly
They think they do, because I peak their curiosities
Arriving at their own conclusions of me
Their generalities
Stereotyping me
Wanting to keep me confined
In their lil boxes
Unwillingness to move beyond
Destroys the minds
Drawing from wells without water
Willing to live blind
I’m persistent
Like my God in Heaven, I speak things into existence
Into space, time and distance
What is good for the body isn’t always good for the mind
Pushes the heart and spirit aside
Left cricked, tangled, and entwined
Nowhere for the soul to dine
The soul needs spiritual food
Solid meat
More substance than occasional body heat
Soul and mind entities
Run spiritually deep
The body a couch
The soul and heart
Love seat

No comments:

Post a Comment