Monday, December 12, 2011

Faith and Grandma(Mary E. Peoples) I dedicate this to my grandma and happy people haters

I refuse to live in someone elses prison
Won’t allow you to put me in it
My mind stays free,
 my freedom was due me
Was a long time coming
I refuse to live in your box, packaged
 all nicely with your bubble  wrapped and
 mind warped insecurities, jealousies
and talented untapped
You hate me because I’m free
You hate me cause I’m me and not you
I make choices, I choose
I am a daughter of destiny
This is where destiny lead me
To be free
You stay in solidarity
My grandma is gone
And from that moment on
I remember her last words she told me
She said “Chet be happy”
Life is too short
Short as previews, the nightly news
While you hatin on my
drive to succeed has nothing to do with you
I gotta live my life through
Exploring horizons, valley, cities, avenues
I paid my dues
I paid my fees to be mentally free,
Don’t judge or hate me.
When you look at me you see a smile
You don’t see my heartache
 once in while
You see things going my way
But, it wasn’t always this way
Hansel and Gretel followed the trail of tears I left
From the pain
I come from a lot of pain
Which I turned around to make me sustain
Life’s tragedies
Replacing, maneuvering,
To get to where I need to be
Running towards destiny
Stop hating on me
You wouldn’t have wanted to walk in my shoes
The bottoms of the soul was worn
Heart torn
Hard work and prayer and my sworn
Oath to live happy
My grandma said ”Chet be happy”
And not you or anybody can stop me

No comments:

Post a Comment