Thursday, April 11, 2013

Mistress of the night


Mistress of the Night
She’s the Goddess of his day
I am the mistress of his night
The three conflicts
Emotions take flight
Her affections for him
Are sweet and endearing
When the sun is raised high
Yet are betrayed by the heat
Of our escapades
When the moon
Dances across the sky
He seeks safety from her
For his wandering soul
I harness the lust
He cannot control
Can the sun shine all the time?
Can the moon be gone?
Why can’t the moon stand alone?
Why can’t it be on its own?
I want the sun
To stop shining
I’m devising a plan
In my head
Then maybe he’d want me
The moon instead
Me lying next to him
Him and I
As he gazes into the sky
Waiting for his sun to rise
My heart sinks knowing the reason
Nothing I do for him
To make him always dwell
In the evening
While I am holding him
Kissing him
Making love to him
I stay clinging
To hope


No comments:

Post a Comment