Monday, April 22, 2013

Respect Me


Respect me
Respect my mind
My god made me in place and time
According to his likeness
Human race has categorized men
By religion, class, and race
Keeping men in darkness
I will not set my dignity aside
Because of the poverty
I temporarily found myself in
You don’t have to like me
But you will respect me
I will fight to maintain my dignity
I will fight to the bitter end
They say I love being poor
Government place people in the system
Where the sky is no longer the limit
More like the limit is the floor
I pray for those who can’t afford to eat
For the working in poverty
Pray for ends to meet
For people like me
For the mother who dreams were smothered
By people telling her there is nothing she can do for herself
Shattering the dreams of kids
Because of where they live
Stop the madness
Our children are our wealth
I hear them say
Give up!
You won’t make it!
I’m gonna make it
And not gonna pretend or fake it
I pray for the man with a plan
With rock in his hand
Getting his hustle on
In his mind he wrestles
Right from wrong
Going through it
Poverty is a mutha fucka
I pray for peace
Prosperity
And better luck and
A WAY OUT!
Don’t push me cause I’m close to the edge
Don’t toss me to the side because you don’t understand my struggles
You can’t grasp me
I won’t allow you to demean me
Because I don’t have as much as you do
If you was me
And I was you
Could you walk in my shoes?
Can you see my side?
If you do you would be moved
With compassion
I know I would for you
Damn my struggles
Axel Rose says, “Welcome to the jungle.”
People have become like animals
Putting down and hurting
Mentally and physically killing one another
A world lacking loyalties, peace, and how about sensitivity
I gotta bet em
I can’t join em
One day the righteous time to shine will come to be
I’m gonna stay strong
Because I still have a dream




No comments:

Post a Comment