Tuesday, April 16, 2013

SMH @ The Game


The more the game change
The more “I” stay the same
When recognition is given to
No talents, suckas, and lames

Selling their souls for wealth and fame
Their shame
The future game needs REAL help
Educate minds
In remembrance of times
Of conscience poetry, art, dance, rap, street rhymes
Back to the basics
The birth
The start
When we communicated the woes of the street
Give voice to the weak
Spoke of the contents of the heart

Being proud to be black
Pride we all took part
Proud to be black was the reward
Propelling our people forward

The more the game change
The more “I” stay the same
Refusing to become a
sell out, no talent, sucka, or lame
Our focus has negatively shifted
Power and money is to blame
Selling one’s soul for Earthly temporary fame
Missing Heaven’s permanent gain
Off focus
I stay the same
I can’t be changed
Or rearranged
Nor will I be disengaged
With my identity
I worked hard to become me
Physically, spiritually, and morally
The truth made me free
Release from non recognition’s prison
Talented people in them
Become conscience teachers
Let s play follow the leader
Who will be a leader

No comments:

Post a Comment