Friday, May 16, 2014

An except from new book which will be coming out in the form paperback at the end of 2014 Title: They Call Us Crazy! Written by Luchetta (Cookee) Manus ©

INTRODUCTION

If you have lived long enough in this chaotic world, playing the game called life, you would know that it is only human nature to make mistakes. Some of us learn from our mistakes immediately and change. Some of us (For example me) learn everything the hard way, because we are hard headed as old folks would say. We don't change unless we have NO other options to do things the way WE want to do them.
The irony of being human is we are aware we are subject to make mistakes and have flaws, but we still all hold on to the false persona the we are "Perfect", even when deep down inside we know we aren't. We hold on to our false perception of who were really aren't, sometimes judging others for their flaws, forgetting that we are hiding ours from plain view. Becoming hypocrites. The sad part is we judge and mistreat those who are struggling in an area or two in lives, because we have conquered the struggle in an area they are struggling in. Not keeping in mind that although we may have conquered an area or two we still have our hang ups and don't have any right to judge the next person. After all, most people who judge cannot handle being judged themselves.
The human mind is an amazing part of the body, because we can never fully understand its function from person to person because we are all different, mind, body, and spirit. No one knows the minds of men, but God. No matter what science come up with, the human mind will remain a mystery between man, the God who created it, and the environment which helped mold it. No two minds are alike.
Sometimes we conceal our thoughts in fear of being judged or labeled,” Crazy." When in reality, more people share our sometimes weird, warped, and twisted thoughts more than we think. Some are fearless and verbal, able to express their minds regardless of consequence. While, some are fearful and keep their thoughts to themselves.
For me, people told me I was crazy for thinking what I was thinking sometimes, until I matured and found out there were more people like me, they were just trying to blend into the norm. So me hearing I was” Crazy" was nothing new to me. I found out that I was labeled by people who didn't share my abusive childhood or could not comprehend my background. I had to come to terms and be comfortable with who I was as a person. Then if someone called me, "Crazy" I learned to respond with, "Thank you." Understanding I wasn't crazy, I was just braver to speak out than most.
In my first book I wrote, "The Spiritual Evolution of a Wounded Soul," I spoke of my journey to self after growing up in an abusive home environment as a child and how it cause me to become a writer, poet, and artist. This book is titled, "They Call Us Crazy," will show you how difficult it is for a person who has been abused struggle to think soundly. We don't grow up with a healthy mind as a person who has not experienced abuse. However, we can survive, we can live happy, and we can make it.


No comments:

Post a Comment