Friday, May 16, 2014

Title: Respect Part 2 Wriiten by: Luchetta ( Cookee) Manus © 2014



We are all sons' of Adam
Daughters' of Eve
Loved birthed into you and me
In the form of bone and flesh
Body, mind, and soul
This fact makes me beyond valuable

My self worth isn't measured
By my material possessions
because in the end
I cannot leave this Earth with 'em

Love and compassion
Will be remembered upon my passing
Is not a legacy of love and compassion
Unity and togetherness
Patience everlasting
Enough wealth to leave my kids?

Will I continue to be judged ?
By the narrow life I live
Of minimalism
Enough to just get by

Working to gain
Multipliying
Only to have subtraction
Dividing
My worldly material possessions are next to none
One
By one
By one

Is it because I am not the right color?
I'm not at fault
It was given me by my father and mother

It wasn't a choice I had selected at birth
Entering my mother's womb upon the Earth

I am a person
Created
In his divine image
According to his likeness

I'm trying to make it
In this fight called life

No comments:

Post a Comment