Saturday, July 9, 2011

Censorship

Society is growing violent by the minute
Yet you tell me "Censor it!"
Like a child, I say, "But why are they allowed?"
Why are they allowed to make the gorie movies
write music of bizarre fantasies
but you want me to, "Censor it!", when it comes to my realities
You want me to censor the brutality, distort my reality, of how bad I grew up
Speaking out, someone else can have better luck!
Than me!
God as my witness, I asked for forgiveness,
I can't tell you a lie
I should have been rotting in hell
For some things I did in my life
now, I'm not ashamed to tell
The beauty of having a past, it's the past
The past doesn't last
the past moves forward to become the present and my is future better
I was raped, molested,men used me and took me for granted, but you want me to paint a "Pretty picture"
of a perfect life which never existed.
I ran around in my crew, doing thing young ladies should never do, but you want me to be quiet, stay silent
"SSSSHHH"
I was always rejected, as a child was neglected,
starved of love
Only thing which kept me sane was God above
You want me to pick up my pencil, write about my few sunny days
not so simple
People are dying of madness, chaos, and disease
you want me to be like Bob Ross, and speak of "Happy lil trees."
My trees weren't happy, destructive behaviors, self hatred growing like weeds.
Shut up Luchetta, nobody wants to hear that much about ya, but like Milli vanilli,
 "Girl you know it's true"
I tell my story to help the youth, help people stop crying, keeping people from slowly dying inside,
talk about the
ugly you won't talk about...to change and help the next brotha and sista out

No comments:

Post a Comment